API 5L Grade L415 Specification
API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are carbon steel pipes, strictly manufactured as per API (AMERICAN PETROLEUM INSTITUTE) to meet the clients requirements. API 5L Grade L415 carbon steel pipes are provided with multiple end connections like non-Upset ends and External Upset Ends. Ferropipe provides these api pipes with all mandatory non-destructive testing inclusive of eddy current tests,hydro testing.We offer API 5L Pipes with both galvanized and black finish in single random length i.e 4-7 metres and double random lengths i.e 7-13 metres. In General these API Pipes are used to transit oil ,gas and petroleum distilleries. Ferropipe is exclusively engaged in stocking and manufacturing API 5L Grade L415 carbon steel Pipes with certifications confirming to EN 10204- 3.1/3.2 with third party inspection services approved by TUV,DNV,SGS,LLOYDS,EIL. API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are used to convey oil,gas & water in petroleum & gas industries.API 5L Grade L415 pipes are available in seamless and welded types, commercially known as API 5L line pipes.
API 5L Grade L415 Properties
|max 0.28||–||max 1.30||0.03||0.03||–||–||–||–||Nb+Ti+V max 0.15|
|Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation A5 min|
|MPa min||ksi min||MPa min||MPa min||ksi min||Percentage|
- Carbon Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Low Temperature Carbon Steel
- High Temperature Carbon Steel
- Low Temperature Alloy Steel
- High Temperature Alloy Steel
Types of API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
- Cold Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Pipes
- Continous Welded(CW) Pipes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Pipes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Pipes
- Spiral Welded Pipes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Pipes
- Cold Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Tubes
- Continous Welded(CW) Tubes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Tubes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Tubes
- Spiral Welded Tubes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Tubes
- Boom Pipe
- Culvert Pipes
- Square Pipes
- Round Pipes
- Honed Pipes
- Boom Tubes
- Culvert Tubes
- Square Tubes
- Round Tubes
- Honed Tubes
Delivery Executions of API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
All tubes are supplied with clean, square cut ends.Deburring and/or chamfering can be carried out on request.
Tubes are supplied normally without anti-corrosive treatment, but anti-corrosive treatment is available and is carried out on request.
- Black and Bare
- External Varnished with Black or Clear LAcquer
Mill test certificate
- MTC is issued in accordance with EN 10204.
API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are bundled as standard, with steel straps into hexagonal bundles with one end flush.Length sorting can be carried out on request. Tubes can also be bundled in multiples. Bundle weights are adjusted as requested by the customer. Each bundle contains tubes from a single cast/heat only.
API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes is marked with tube type, heat number, steel grade and size. Information is repeated along the whole length of the tube. Other markings, such as stamping, can be made on request. Bundles are also labeled with a tag having info both alphanumeric and by bar code.
API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes delivered direct from our mill is labeled in accordance with automotive standard, ie with both alphanumeric and bar code information. Customer specific data can be added on request.
Dimensional Standards of API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
WWP-404c is similar to ASTM A-53 except that Government inspection and continuous identification marking of electric weld and seamless is mandatory. It covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for flanging, bending, and coiling and for use with fresh water, oil, steam, air, and gas on shore plus a limited number of shipboard uses. Sizes 1/8 inch through 24 inch.WWP-406c is a federal specification comparable to ASTM A-120 (withdrawn 1988). Mills can certify that A-120 pipe in a distributor-s stock meets all the requirements of WWP-406c.
C-200 covers black welded and seamless pipe intended for the conveyance of water in sizes 6 inch and larger. Specification prescribes hydrostatic test pressures for sizes of pipe covered. Tensile, flattening, and bending tests are required.
- B31.1 Code for pressure piping.plants, and industrial plants.
- B31.2 Fuel Gas Piping.
- B31.3 Petroleum Refinery Piping.
- B31.4 Liquid PetroleumTransportation Piping Systems.
- B31.5 Refrigeration Piping.
- B31.7 Nuclear Power Piping
- B31.8 GasTransmission and Distributing Piping Systems. Covers design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, and the safety aspects of operation and maintenance of gas transmission and distribution systems.
- B36.10 American Standard for Wrought-Steel and Wrought-Iron pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless pipe. Schedules 10 through Schedules Double Extra Heavy (DXH/XXH).
- B36.19 American Standard for Stainless Steel Pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless Stainless Steel Pipe, Schedules 5 through Schedules 80.
- M-111 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe intended for coiling, bending, flanging, and other special purposes and is suitable for welding. Purpose for which pipe is intended should be stated on orders. M-111 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-53.
- M-130 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for ordinary uses in steam, water, gas, and air lines. Sizes 1/8 inch through 12 inch. Pipe to this specification is not intended for close coiling, bending, or high temperature service. M-130 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-120.
- Product Description
- Product Identification
- Permissable Variations
- Inspection Certification
- Material Certification
- Mechanical Requirements
- Chemical Requirements
- Carbon Equivalent
- Color Identification
Threading on API 5L Grade L415 pipes can be identified either by stamping or stenciling the pipe adjacent to the threaded ends, which are at the manufacturer’s option. It should be with the manufacturer’s name or mark, “Spec 58” (to indicate the applicable threading specification), the specified outside diameter of the pipe, and the letters “LP” (to indicate the type of thread). The thread marking may be applied to products that do or do not bear the API monogram. For example, size 2 3/8- threaded-end pipe may be marked as follows, using the value that is appropriate for the pipe out- side diameter specified on the purchase order:
Wall Thickness : the minimum wall thickness at any point or end on API 5L pipes and tubes shall not be greater than 12.5% under the nominal thickness specified.
Inner Diameter: For pipe ordered in inside diameter, the inside diameter shall not vary more than ñ 1% from the required/specified inside diameter.
The use of the letters ‘Spec SB’ as provided in 10.8 shall constitute a certification by the manufacturer for API 5L Grade L415 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes that the threads so marked comply with the requirements in API Standard S8 but should not be constructed by the purchaser as a representation that the product so marked is, in its entirety, in accordance with any API specification. Manufacturers who use the letters “Spec SB” for thread identification are required to have access to properly certified API master pipe gauges.
Pipes and Tubes manufactured as per API 5L Grade L415 are certified with En 10204 Type 3.1/3.2. IBR,NACE,HIC,IGC,IMPACT are adhered as supplementary testing requirements.
a.) For intermediate grades, the differencec between the specified minimum tensile strength and the specified minimum yield strength for the pipe body shall be as given in the table for the next higher grade.
b.) For Intermediate grades, the specified minimum tensile strength for the weld seam shall be the same value as was determines for the pipe body using footnote
c.) The specified minimum elongation, Af, expressed in percent and rounded to the nearest percent.
a.) 0.50% maximum for copper, 0.50% maximum for nickel, 0.50% maximum for chromium, and 0.15% maximum for molybdenum. For grades up to and including L360/X52, Cu, Cr and Ni shall not be added intentionally.
b.) For each reduction of 0.01% below the specified maximum concentration for carbon, an increase of 0.05% above the specified maximum concentration for manganese is permissible, up to a maximum of 1.65% for grades = L245 or B, but = L360 or X52; up to a maximum of 1.75% for grades > L360 or X52, but < L485 or X70; and up to a maximum of 2.00% for grade L485 or X70.
c.) Unless otherwise agreed, the sum of the niobium and vanadium contents shall be = 0.06%.
d.) The sum of the niobium, vanadium and titanium concentrations shall be = 0.15%.
The manufacturer shall apply a 2 in. (50 mm) daub of paint of the appropriate color on the inside surface at one end of each length of API 5L Grade L415 Pipes.
What everybody ought to know about 28 unique API Specification Pipes
- API 5L Grade B PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X42 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X46 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X52 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X56 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X60 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X65 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X70 PSL1 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade B PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X42 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X46 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X52 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X56 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X60 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X65 PSL2 Pipe Specification
- API 5L Grade X70 PSL2 Pipe Specification