ASTM A106 Grade B Specification
ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are Medium Carbon Steel Pipes with 0.3 % carbon content with combination of 0.29-1.06 % manganese. These Pipes are most commonly used for general purpose applications worldwide. ASTM A106 Grade B Pipes are ductile and strong Pipes with long wearing properties. These Pipes are manufactured as per ASTM Specification and commercially referred as carbon steel Pipes.
ASTM A106 Grade B Properties
|Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation A5 min|
|MPa min||ksi min||MPa min||MPa min||ksi min||Percentage|
|DIN 17175 Grade St 45.8||EN P265GH Grade 10216-2||NFA A 49-213 Grade TU 42-c||ASTM A106 Grade B||ASME SA 106 Grade B||–|
- Carbon Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Low Temperature Carbon Steel
- High Temperature Carbon Steel
- Low Temperature Alloy Steel
- High Temperature Alloy Steel
Types of ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
- Cold Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Pipes
- Continous Welded(CW) Pipes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Pipes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Pipes
- Spiral Welded Pipes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Pipes
- Cold Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Tubes
- Continous Welded(CW) Tubes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Tubes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Tubes
- Spiral Welded Tubes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Tubes
- Boom Pipe
- Culvert Pipes
- Square Pipes
- Round Pipes
- Honed Pipes
- Boom Tubes
- Culvert Tubes
- Square Tubes
- Round Tubes
- Honed Tubes
Delivery Executions of ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
All tubes are supplied with clean, square cut ends.Deburring and/or chamfering can be carried out on request.
Tubes are supplied normally without anti-corrosive treatment, but anti-corrosive treatment is available and is carried out on request.
- Black and Bare
- External Varnished with Black or Clear LAcquer
Mill test certificate
- MTC is issued in accordance with EN 10204.
ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are bundled as standard, with steel straps into hexagonal bundles with one end flush.Length sorting can be carried out on request. Tubes can also be bundled in multiples. Bundle weights are adjusted as requested by the customer. Each bundle contains tubes from a single cast/heat only.
ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes is marked with tube type, heat number, steel grade and size. Information is repeated along the whole length of the tube. Other markings, such as stamping, can be made on request. Bundles are also labeled with a tag having info both alphanumeric and by bar code.
ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes delivered direct from our mill is labeled in accordance with automotive standard, ie with both alphanumeric and bar code information. Customer specific data can be added on request.
Dimensional Standards of ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes
WWP-404c is similar to ASTM A-53 except that Government inspection and continuous identification marking of electric weld and seamless is mandatory. It covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for flanging, bending, and coiling and for use with fresh water, oil, steam, air, and gas on shore plus a limited number of shipboard uses. Sizes 1/8 inch through 24 inch.WWP-406c is a federal specification comparable to ASTM A-120 (withdrawn 1988). Mills can certify that A-120 pipe in a distributor-s stock meets all the requirements of WWP-406c.
C-200 covers black welded and seamless pipe intended for the conveyance of water in sizes 6 inch and larger. Specification prescribes hydrostatic test pressures for sizes of pipe covered. Tensile, flattening, and bending tests are required.
- B31.1 Code for pressure piping.plants, and industrial plants.
- B31.2 Fuel Gas Piping.
- B31.3 Petroleum Refinery Piping.
- B31.4 Liquid PetroleumTransportation Piping Systems.
- B31.5 Refrigeration Piping.
- B31.7 Nuclear Power Piping
- B31.8 GasTransmission and Distributing Piping Systems. Covers design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, and the safety aspects of operation and maintenance of gas transmission and distribution systems.
- B36.10 American Standard for Wrought-Steel and Wrought-Iron pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless pipe. Schedules 10 through Schedules Double Extra Heavy (DXH/XXH).
- B36.19 American Standard for Stainless Steel Pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless Stainless Steel Pipe, Schedules 5 through Schedules 80.
- M-111 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe intended for coiling, bending, flanging, and other special purposes and is suitable for welding. Purpose for which pipe is intended should be stated on orders. M-111 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-53.
- M-130 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for ordinary uses in steam, water, gas, and air lines. Sizes 1/8 inch through 12 inch. Pipe to this specification is not intended for close coiling, bending, or high temperature service. M-130 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-120.
- Product Description
- Product Identification
- Permissable Variations
- Inspection Certification
- Material Certification
- Mechanical Requirements
- Chemical Requirements
- Carbon Equivalent
- Color Identification
In addition to the marking specified in Specification A 999/A 999M, the marking should have the length, an additional symbol -S-, if ASTM A106 Grade B Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes conforms to any of the Supplementary Requirements S1 to S6, the schedule number of the pipe is ordered to a schedule number viz. SCH 5,10,20,30,40,60,80,100,120,140,160,XS, XXS, STD, and the heat number of or manufacturer-s number by which the heat can be identified as per ASTM A106 Grade B.
Wall Thickness : the minimum wall thickness at any point or end on ASTM A106 pipes and tubes shall not be greater than 12.5% under the nominal thickness specified.
Inner Diameter: For pipe ordered in inside diameter, the inside diameter shall not vary more than ñ 1% from the required/specified inside diameter.
For ASTM A 106 Grade B Pipes ,When test reports are requested, in addition to the requirements of Specification A 530/A 530M, The manufacturer shall furnish to the purchaser a chemical analysis report for the elements required as per the chemical content of ASTM A 106 Grade B.
Pipes and Tubes manufactured as per ASTM A106 Grade B are certified with En 10204 Type 3.1/3.2. IBR,NACE,HIC,IGC,IMPACT are adhered as supplementary testing requirements.
A The minimum elongation in 2 in. (50.8 mm) shall be determined by the following equation: e = 625 000A0.2/U0.9
e = minimum elongation in 2 in. (50.8 mm), %, rounded to the nearest 0.5%.
A = cross-sectional area of the tension test specimen, in.2, based on specified outside diameter or nominal specimen width and specified.
wall thickness rounded to the nearest 0.01 in.2 If the area thus calculated is greater than 0.75 in.2 shall be used, and U p specified tensile strength, psi.
A For each reduction of 0.01% below
mum, an increase of 0.06% manganese above the specified maximum will be permitted up to a maximum of 1.35%.
the specified carbon maxi- B The combination of Copper, Nickel, Chromium, Molybdenum & Vanadium Shall not exceed 1.00%
ASTM A 106 Grade B shall conform to a carbon equivalent (CE) of 0.50 maximum as determined by the following formula:
CE = %C + %Mn/6 + (%Cr + %Mo + %V)/5 + (%Ni + %Cu)/15 . A lower Carbon equivalent ration maximum may be agreed upon between the purchaser and the producer.
S5.3 The Carbon equivalent ration shall be reported on the MILL test report.
- ASME SA 53 Pipe Specification
- ASME SA 106 Pipe Specification
- ASME SA 524 Pipe Specification
- ASME SA 795 Pipe Specification
- ASME SA 234 Pipe Specification
- ASTM A53 Pipe Specification
- ASTM A106 Pipe Specification
- ASTM A524 Pipe Specification
- ASTM A795 Pipe Specification
- ASTM A234 Pipe Specification