Ferropipe offers a wide-range of carbon steel pipe products. The term carbon steel pipe can be used to describe a wide range of metal tubular goods whose main alloying element is carbon in a range of 0.12%-2%. Apart from carbon elements like chromium, cobalt, molybdenum, nickel, niobium, titanium, tungsten, vanadium & zirconium can be added to attain respective alloying effect.
For an example A333 grade 6 pipe has high tensile strength and impact properties used at low temperatures application as compared to A106 Grade B pipe with low tensile strength and used at room temperatures or higher temperatures. This is achieved by addition of manganese above the 0.9%, which is limited to 0.65% in A106 pipe.
In general, a pipe is referred as a carbon steel pipe when the maximum specified content of Manganese – 1.65%, Silicon – 0.6% & copper 0.6 % does not exceed the limit prescribed.
- Low carbon steel pipe – Carbon content 0.55-1.05%
- Medium carbon steel pipe- Carbon content 0.25-10.6%
- High carbon steel pipe- Carbon content 0.9-2.5%
- Super High carbon steel pipe- Carbon content 2.5-3.0%
As the Carbon content increases, high carbon steel pipe can become harder and stronger by quenching and tempering with lower ductility.High carbon steel pipe if not heat treated, may result into low weld ability & low melting point.Large diameter pipe used for water transportation and general transit are made of carbon steel.
Depending on the manufacturing method these pipe are divided in 3 different types.
- Seamless pipe – pipe formed by passing hot steel through a die to get the shape of a pipe. Carbon steel seamless pipe are manufactured up to a range of 24-(600NB). Though this is the most expensive method due to the machinery and time involved in manufacturing, this is the most reliable method ever invented.
- Welded pipe– pipe formed by wrapping a steel sheet in a circular motion, which is then welded at the seam, are known as welded pipe. These pipe are highly in demand due to cheap pricing. Depending on type of requirement these pipe are welded in the following forms
b. EFW: Electro Fusion Welded pipe
c. SAW: Submerged Arc Welded pipe
- Casting Mould pipe – The ancient and the oldest method of casting hot liquids.These pipe have a very less demand
Carbon Steel pipe can be heat treated in various ways as listed below.
- Quenching and Tempering
Ferropipe is a stockiest and supplier of Carbon steel pipe from Mumbai, India. With a size range of ½–24- in seamless pipe and ½–72- in welded pipe, we provide length variations from 4-7 meters as single random length and 7-13 meters as double random lengths. With black varnished finish and plain or beveled ends we provide cut to length pipe are per client-s requirements.Although many of the same manufacturing principles apply to both carbon steel pipe and various similar alloy tubular goods, the focus of this narrative will be on the manufacturing process of mild carbon steel pipe goods commonly used for oil and gas as well as water transmission, structural applications, general purpose casing, piling, and mechanical components.Carbon steel pipe produced in India are widely used worldwide including crucial markets like south Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria and Canada.