JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370 Specification
JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370 Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes are also known as mild steel pipes and tubes.JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370 Pipes are low-cost Low Carbon Steel Pipes with max 025 % carbon content with combination of 030-090 % manganese easy to form and shape .These pipes are manufactured as per JIS Specification and commercially referred as cs pipes or ms pipes.Low Carbon Steel Pipes are not as hard as hig carbon steel pipes,Though carburizing can increase its surface hardness.
JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370 Properties
|Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation A5 min|
|MPa min||ksi min||MPa min||MPa min||ksi min||Percentage|
- Carbon Steel
- Alloy Steel
- Low Temperature Carbon Steel
- High Temperature Carbon Steel
- Low Temperature Alloy Steel
- High Temperature Alloy Steel
Types of JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370
- Cold Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Pipes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Pipes
- Continous Welded(CW) Pipes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Pipes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Pipes
- Spiral Welded Pipes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Pipes
- Cold Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Hot Drawn Seamless Tubes
- Electric Resistance Welded(ERW) Tubes
- Continous Welded(CW) Tubes
- Submerged Arc Welded(SAW) Tubes
- Double Submerged Arc Welded(DSAW) Tubes
- Spiral Welded Tubes
- High Frequency Induction(HFI)
- Longitudinally Submerged Arc Welded(LSAW) Tubes
- Boom Pipe
- Culvert Pipes
- Square Pipes
- Round Pipes
- Honed Pipes
- Boom Tubes
- Culvert Tubes
- Square Tubes
- Round Tubes
- Honed Tubes
Dimensional Tolerances of JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370
|Outer diameter and wall Thickness|
|Execution||Size Range||OD Tolerance||Wall tolerance|
|Hot-rolled Tube||OD – 80 mmOD > 80 mmWall < 12 mmWall - 12 mm||± 0.4 mm± 0.5 % of OD||± 0.7 mm± (5 % x wallthickness + 0.1 mm|
|Hot-rolled peeled tube||All sizesWall < 12 mmWall - 12 mm||+ 0.25/- 0 mm||± 0.8 mm± (5 % x wall thickness+ 0.2 mm)|
|Cold Worked tubecold-rolled or cold-drawn||OD < 40 mmOD 40 - 80 mmOD > 80 Wall Thickness< 6 mm Wall Thickness6 - 8 mm Wall Thickness > 8||+ 0.30/- 0 mm*+ 0.35/- 0 mm*+ 0.40/- 0 mm*||± 0.30 mm± 0.35 mm± 0.40 mm|
The maximum deviation from the straight line is 1 mm on a gauge length of 1000 mm.
The maximum out-of-roundness is 65% of the total outer diameter tolerance.
Standard length tolerances
|Component length (mm)||OD 30-100 mm||OD 100-254 mm|
|10-100||+ 1.0/- 0||+ 2.0/- 0|
|100-600||+ 2.0/- 0||+ 3.0/- 0|
|600-1200||+ 3.0/- 0||+ 4.0/- 0|
|1200-5000||+ 5.0/- 0||+ 6.0/- 0|
Delivery Executions of JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370
All tubes are supplied with clean, square cut ends.Deburring and/or chamfering can be carried out on request.
Tubes are supplied normally without anti-corrosive treatment, but anti-corrosive treatment is available and is carried out on request.
- Black and Bare
- External Varnished with Black or Clear LAcquer
Mill test certificate
- MTC is issued in accordance with EN 10204.
Tubes are bundled as standard, with steel straps into hexagonal bundles with one end flush.Length sorting can be carried out on request. Tubes can also be bundled in multiples. Bundle weights are adjusted as requested by the customer. Each bundle contains tubes from a single cast/heat only.
Each tube is marked with tube type, heat number, steel grade and size. Information is repeated along the whole length of the tube. Other markings, such as stamping, can be made on request. Bundles are also labeled with a tag having info both alphanumeric and by bar code.
Material delivered direct from our mill is labeled in accordance with automotive standard, ie with both alphanumeric and bar code information. Customer specific data can be added on request.
Dimensional Standards of JIS G3456 Grade STPT 370
WWP-404c is similar to ASTM A-53 except that Government inspection and continuous identification marking of electric weld and seamless is mandatory. It covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for flanging, bending, and coiling and for use with fresh water, oil, steam, air, and gas on shore plus a limited number of shipboard uses. Sizes 1/8 inch through 24 inch.WWP-406c is a federal specification comparable to ASTM A-120 (withdrawn 1988). Mills can certify that A-120 pipe in a distributor-s stock meets all the requirements of WWP-406c.
C-200 covers black welded and seamless pipe intended for the conveyance of water in sizes 6 inch and larger. Specification prescribes hydrostatic test pressures for sizes of pipe covered. Tensile, flattening, and bending tests are required.
- B31.1 Code for pressure piping.plants, and industrial plants.
- B31.2 Fuel Gas Piping.
- B31.3 Petroleum Refinery Piping.
- B31.4 Liquid PetroleumTransportation Piping Systems.
- B31.5 Refrigeration Piping.
- B31.7 Nuclear Power Piping
- B31.8 GasTransmission and Distributing Piping Systems. Covers design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, and the safety aspects of operation and maintenance of gas transmission and distribution systems.
- B36.10 American Standard for Wrought-Steel and Wrought-Iron pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless pipe. Schedules 10 through Schedules Double Extra Heavy (DXH/XXH).
- B36.19 American Standard for Stainless Steel Pipe. Designates dimensions, weights, and schedule numbers for welded and seamless Stainless Steel Pipe, Schedules 5 through Schedules 80.
- M-111 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe intended for coiling, bending, flanging, and other special purposes and is suitable for welding. Purpose for which pipe is intended should be stated on orders. M-111 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-53.
- M-130 covers black and galvanized welded and seamless pipe for ordinary uses in steam, water, gas, and air lines. Sizes 1/8 inch through 12 inch. Pipe to this specification is not intended for close coiling, bending, or high temperature service. M-130 is comparable in most requirements to ASTM A-120.
Top 9 Grades of JIS Specification Pipes avaiable ex stock.
- JIS G 3445 Tubes Specification
- JIS G3454 Tubes Specification
- JIS G3455 Pipes Specification
- JIS G3456 Pipes Specification
- JIS G3458 Pipes Specification
- JIS G3461 Tubes Specification
- JIS G3462 Tubes Specification
- JIS JOHS-102 Tubes Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 11A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 12A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 12B Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 12C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 13A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 13B Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 13C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 14A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 14B Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 14C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 15A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 15C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 16A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 16C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 17A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 17C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 18A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 18B Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 18C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 19A Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 19C Tube Specification
- JIS G 3445 Grade STKM 20A Tube Specification